Masturbation: 8 Good Reasons
Spending some serious “alone time” with his penis is a favorite activity for millions of men. While rates of masturbation may vary from man to man, almost all guys masturbate at some time or other, and most men masturbate with some degree of frequency. Although masturbating too roughly can create some minor penis health inconveniences, most guys find there are more reasons to masturbate than there are to not. But for any men looking for a few good reasons to justify their masturbation, the following should come in handy.
1) It feels good. No reason not to start with the number one reason. Masturbation feels awesome; guys wouldn’t bother doing it if it didn’t. There is an intense physical pleasure to the act of masturbating that makes it hard to resist.
2) It relieves stress. More and more, the world is becoming a stressful place to live in. Tension and anxiety can really be off the charts for a lot of people. Fortunately, masturbation can help; when a dude takes matters into his own hands, he releases chemicals which work to improve his mood and relieve some of the stressors he is experiencing – at least temporarily.
3) It’s an educational experience. No, masturbating doesn’t turn you into a scientific genius or a math whiz. But when a person spends sexual time alone with themselves, they learn a lot about their own body, how it works, and what gives it pleasure. This is information that can be valuable during partner sex, as a man more instinctively knows what angles and thrusts to use to provide more or less stimulation to his penis and can recognize further in advance the warning signs of approaching ejaculation so that he can take steps to hold off a little longer.
4) It may aid sleep. Lack of sleep is a major problem for many people. For many men with sleep difficulties, masturbation can be a boon. Most guys find themselves more relaxed and receptive to sleep after ejaculation.
5) It might keep a guy healthy. At least one study has found that there are more white blood cells circulating in the body after masturbation. White blood cells are a major part of the body’s immune defense system, so upping production may help to ward off unwanted infections.
6) It keeps the penis in better shape. The penis is not really a muscle, but it still needs to be exercised like one. The more activity a penis gets, the more “in shape” it stays. The well-masturbated penis gets the work-out it needs, and that helps it stay healthy for other bouts of sex. In addition, it is thought that increased sexual activity also increases testosterone production, which in turn helps with both the sex drive and the production of healthy sperm.
7) It may have long term benefits. Many studies suggest that a man who ejaculates frequently – whether through masturbation or partner sex – reduces the risk of developing prostate cancer later in life.
8) It eases boredom. Sometimes a guy fondles himself for no other reason than because he’s bored – and what’s wrong with that? If it makes a dull, rainy afternoon pass more quickly, so much the better.
Of course, guys don’t need reasons to enjoy masturbation; they can just accept it and move on. Whatever his reasons, most men should use a top notch penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) to keep their penis healthy and ready for masturbation. When a guy gets a little too enthusiastic and rubs his penis raw, a crème with natural moisturizing ingredients like vitamin E and shea butter and help provide soothing relief. The best crème will also include l-carnitine, which has neuroprotective capabilities. This helps keep the over-stroked penis from losing that vital sensitivity that makes it so fun to play around with.